Homeowners generally look for Deep cleaning Services NYC for their foyer areas, kitchens, washrooms, bedrooms, and living rooms. But for whatever reason – if you cannot hire a home cleaning service company, we have you covered. We have contrived a perfect deep cleaning checklist you can refer to whenever you want to begin making the overall job less overwhelming, especially for a novice. This list will also save you on tedious planning time, which you can invest in cleaning instead and ensure you don’t leave out essential spaces.
Please be wary of ink, glue, paint, and other stains. These stubborn spots may only be partially removed and need professional cleaning services. Before beginning wet cleaning, ensure you have finished dusting and vacuuming all the surfaces, furniture, artwork, etc. Make sure to use a microfiber cloth for glasses and mirrors.
Let’s get cleaning!
- Wash dishes by hand or use the dishwasher (depending on the number of dishes and time you have)
- Wipe the stovetop and inside the oven
- Scrub and wipe your refrigerator from the inside and out and clean the freezer
- Scrub and wipe the inside and outside of the microwave
- Clean kitchen surfaces (tabletops, countertops, etc.)
- Clean the cabinets from the outside and inside
- Wipe all kitchen appliances (mind any wires)
- Scrub and disinfect the sink
- Wipe dust on windowsills
- Take out the garbage, clean and disinfect the cans
- Deep clean the sink, showers, and bathtubs
- Scrub and disinfect all fixtures
- Wipe walls and dust ceilings
- Deep clean and disinfect the faucets, and toilet seat
- Wipe mirrors
- Wipe cabinets from inside and out
- Empty trash, wash and disinfect trash cans
- Begin dry floor cleaning with a vacuum cleaner/broom
- Mop the floors and baseboards
- Wipe down windowsills
- Clean mirrors and glasses
- Change pillow covers or bedspreads and make beds
- Clean all types of furniture (tabletops, shelves, and other surfaces)
- Clean cabinets, drawers, etc., from inside and out
- Take out the trash
- Wash wastebaskets and storage space for waste.
- Clean the floor using a vacuum cleaner or broom
- Begin wet cleaning the floors and baseboards
- Wipe up windowsills
- Clean furniture (including tabletops, shelves, cabinets, and others)
- Dust accessories, wallpapers, air purifiers, and other appliances, and design items like vases, painting frames, photo frames, etc. (Don’t forget to factor in the number of accessories as they can be time-consuming if many)
- Wipe household appliances
- Take out the trash and wash wastebaskets.
- Vacuum and clean the floor or use a broom
- Mop the floors and baseboards
- Clean your rug/welcome mat.
- Dust outdoor furniture
- Organize your shoes
And you’re done!
We hope the checklist above makes your deep cleaning task a lot simpler. However, cleaning oily kitchen exhausts or false ceiling grime is a job that, despite your best efforts, is better left to the experts. You can buy the most expensive brushes and detergents from the store. A professional cleaning service will still beat an unqualified job with high-tech cleaning equipment. Besides, you may end up with a mediocre result leaving germs lurking in hard-to-reach places.
HomeCleanNYC is the company to call if you need maid service or house cleaning in New York City (including the boroughs of Manhattan, Brooklyn, and Queens). Our trained European cleaners pride themselves on delivering a thorough cleaning service that exceeds our customers’ expectations. To ensure that your home always smells clean and never like chemicals, we only use safe products for the environment without sacrificing effectiveness.
Schedule a deep cleaning with us now if it has been more than three months since your last professional cleaning or if you’re planning for the first time.