More than half of consumer interactions (56%) occur in a multi-channel sales process .
Companies that implement a digital transformation , aimed at accompanying the client in its different stages, manage to identify operational inefficiencies and can reduce the cost of the service by 20%
WHAT IS THE CUSTOMER JOURNEY MAP
It is a process, supported by a visual format, that shows how customers are reached , reflecting a first point of interaction with them and following the subsequent trail of interactions, up to the purchase decision and in some cases, loyalty and recommendation.
Customer journey maps are created from the buyer’s perspective. Understanding the point of view of those who buy products and contract services, the work of the marketing and sales departments is supported and facilitated.
The way in which companies and consumers interact has changed with the digital transformation.
- More and more devices are usedto establish relationships (multichannel);
- the conversions are multiple, in a continuous shopping experience;
- the trustis the main lever by which the consumer prioritizes his talks with trade;
- the search for informationand monitoring allow companies to better inform consumers and estableer conversations with them;
With more and more online resources, consumers are informing themselves, at the right time, lengthening the purchase decision process .
If we add the growing influence of social networks , the result is that the dropout rate of users throughout the buying and selling process increases rapidly.
Times change, also the way to access information.
The maps can have as a starting point the moment in which a user accesses the company website and can continue, beyond the contracting of the service.
All maps include various phases and milestones , which show how consumers interact with the company’s commercials.
BENEFITS OF CREATING A CUSTOMER JOURNEY MAP
- Increasedcustomer satisfaction
- Lower percentage of abandonment or cancellationof services
- Improvement in the sales process
- Achievement of a community ofadvocates who are likely to offer positive opinions.
- It allows us to better understand the prospects’ perspective, understanding who makes the purchase decision and the interactions they carry out.
Representation of the phases of the buying and selling process, the actions of each event, the user experience and applicable improvements.
Depending on the activity sector, to build a Custormer Journey Map, these factors are taken into account:
- Customer life cycle duration
- Customer recurrencemodel
- Post-sale interactionlevel
- How is the sales process, based on inbound or outbound
In the real estate sector , the life cycle of an owner who considers the option to sell is very long, several months or even more than a year, well above the term of purchase processes in other sectors.
The level of recurrence is low, as well as the interaction after the closing of the operation, but it is supplemented by the high value of each transaction and with the referred clients that a satisfied client originates.
TYPES OF MAPS
MAP OF THE CURRENT STATE
It is created to understand how consumers interact with your brand right now.
It helps to visualize the user experience during the buying and selling process. In many cases, prospects who leave the process with the company do so without complaint. But there are times when there are negative communications, published on certain channels and that the company does not monitor or attend to.
To create this type of map, you need to identify
- Where the leads come from
- How does it interact, and at what time (through web forms, chats, meetings with sales representatives, …)
- How they become customers
- How they begin to use your services and / or products
FUTURE STATE MAP
It is based on the ideal process that you want your prospects and customer to follow.
In sales, these maps are used to create marketing content , improve publications, or identify when the lead is ready for purchase (SQL).
It is also used for the learning phase of the prospect, so that you know the advantages of the service and get a positive sales experience.
What it takes to prepare such a map:
- Identify the initial point of contact: it can be at the moment when you become a lead, when you request a test or make the contract.
- Determine the end point: the transaction or when it is verified that the client has publicly transferred his positive experience during the process.
- Planning communication: interactions and milestones must be identified and surrounded by resources, such as maturing funnels or scripts so that the commercial and customer service team carry out their work optimally.
Read more about Location Map of New metro City Gujar Khan
In the case of prospects, their problems and fears are sought to detect how the services we offer can solve them.
In the case of post sales, it is a matter of integrating the services into the day-to-day life of new clients.
Issues to identify to create this type of map:
- Objectives: wishes that we can facilitate by contracting the service (selling a home at the highest price).
- Fears: obstacles that prevent prospects from achieving their objectives (economic uncertainty, taxes and fiscal repercussions of the sale).
- Time indicators: they alert an imminent behavior.
ELEMENTS OF THE CUSTOMER JOURNEY MAP
Since each map is different, they all share some common elements:
Outline of the customer journey map
People : identify your ideal customer and study their behavior, to work with a representation of them, called ” buyer persona “, simplifies the process of the customer journey map.
Timeline : The timeline may vary depending on when the map starts, with the first interaction or once the purchase has been made; in some cases, the temporality is less than a year.
Touchpoints : These are the milestones in which the prospect interacts with the commercial and goes on to a next phase, the conversation stagnates or is abandoned. They can be interactions such as downloading a help document, sending emails, attending a webinar, phone calls,….
Device: The device is any instrument that allows interaction. From email, landings pages, chats, instant messages, regardless of whether it is with a mobile phone, tablet, laptop, smart TV,….
Emotions : Empathy plays an essential factor in understanding the client’s perspective and emotions at each milestone of interaction.
4 TIPS FOR CREATING A CUSTOMER JOURNEY MAP
UNDERSTAND HOW IT STARTS
Write down and try to understand each time a user interacts with the brand, in each channel, with each device, as the point of origin of their sales cycle.
In complete sales processes, the moment in which the user knows and finds your brand and services (organic search, sponsored ads, marketing material, …), can be delimited, for users who require training and understand the service, the beginning It may be reflected in a test request, registration or purchase.
Also Read about NOC of Avalon
UNDERSTAND HOW IT ENDS
The results may be different, to determine when the customer journey ends.
In sales, you want to understand how prospects have been convinced to buy or hire, by identifying performance indicators (KPIs) to monitor their activity.
If the objective is to reduce the abandonment or cancellation rate, that point must be attended to, to check the quality of the contacts and the need for different training and care.
GATHER THE NECESSARY PERSPECTIVE
The best way to know the point of view of customers is to speak directly with them, either through phone calls, chat, surveys, or video conference.
Some tips for conversations:
- Ask open-ended questions, let him speak freely and express his opinion
- Ask follow-up questions
- Record calls (with express consent) and transcribe them
- Share them with the marketing and commercial team, to compare with the questions and answers of other types of consumers / buyers.
CREATE A DRAFT
Once the map is understood from start to finish, with the consumer journey and the different milestones, a draft can be prepared.
This draft will list the interactions of the customer process, the buyer people, the emotions / feelings and the devices / tools through the timeline.
EXAMPLES OF CUSTOMER JOURNEY MAPS
Let’s look at an example of a map for a car buyer:
And a model that records the map of a consumer, from the information search stage to the decision-making:
DO YOU NEED HELP CREATING YOUR REAL ESTATE CUSTOMER JOURNEY MAP?
Contact our online marketing team , specialized in Inbound for real estate companies, to propose a consultancy focused on planning your digital strategy