The pandemic has changed the whole idea of healthcare services all around the globe. If you are still afraid of letting digitalization in your healthcare facilities then you need to be mindful.
Digitalization isn’t a scary technology like the one you see in science fiction horror movies- where a robot is ready to take over the world. Digitalization in healthcare facilities has numerous operations and services.
From wearable health gadgets to health trackers apps, healthcare software, advancement in medical technology and equipment, telemedicine, telehealth, augmented reality and robot technology- digital health has it all.
However, before we talk about advanced technology, let’s start with the basics or underrated technology in hospitals i.e. hospital management software (HMS).
Now, you all must have a vague idea about what is hospital management software, if not then, read on:
What is Hospital Management Software?
Hospital Management System (HMS) is one of the integrated healthcare software that allows hospitals to automate their workflow. The HMS is beneficial for your healthcare facility in many ways, it smoothes the management of healthcare services, administrative, medical, financial and other legal aspects. It helps in unifying and simplifying the practice of the medical healthcare provider and providing patients with a hassle-free healthcare experience. So, if you want to achieve a successful operation of your healthcare facility just like Al Shifa eye hospital then hospital management software is the answer.
Why Hospital Management Software is the Current Need?
The pandemic has proved why we need “Health Management Information Software”. The lockdown had proved that in times of crisis, technology is the one thing that can save a life. Telemedicine and telehealth proved to be a blessing. Apart from that, with the increasing number of patients each day and as the first is so fast-paced, no one has the time to spend hours doing manual work.
In this case, the HMS not only helps automate the processes of the hospital and clinics but streamlines the workflow. From patient booking to billing, the HMS is stepping up the game of the healthcare system. Now, since we are talking about the HMS, let’s have a look at its features of the HMS and then Benefits.
Hospital Management System Features:
HMS is versatile and it has the following features:
- Patient appointment booking management
- Billing management of the treatments, lab and radiology
- Prescription management
- Summary of the discharge
- Operation theatre management
- Lab management
- Pharmacy management
- Master information system
- A single account can be used in various branches of the hospital
- Dashboard for the admin
- Seamless operational processes
Advantages of the Hospital Management Software
Choosing the right kind of HMS is essential for effective healthcare services. In order to opt for the best kind of HMS, you need to know your priorities. Here are some of the advantages of Health Management Software.
- Effective and Improved Process- Automation helps in improving the user experience. Both medical healthcare providers and patients can exchange information and make an appointment easily.
- E-Health Records- This helps the medical practitioner to have all the patient data. Diagnosis and monitoring become easy. Thus, the risk of mistakes is decreased.
- Facility Management- The authorities of the hospitals are able to easily manage and analyze the work of staff, and available resources, optimize the supply chain, downtime of the equipment etc. The endless paperwork is reduced with the availability of digital data.
- Interaction of the Staff- With everything available digitally, the staff can interact with each other with just a click instead of waiting for hours to get their work done.
- Market Strategy- The highly competitive nature of the market also affects the medical industry. Hence, there is always room for innovation in it as well.
- Saves Time- Due to everything being available digitally, every work is being done with precision and is planned accordingly without wasting time.
- Financial Control and Tax Planning- Financial awareness and operation are better in HMS. The management can easily monitor the losses, profit, expenses, taxes and bills.
- Processing of Insurance Claims- Health insurance services are integrated that help in improving the patient experience thus benefiting the institution.
- Patients Self-Service- In the HMS, the patients are able to have their own accounts from where they can check their reports, book their appointment and even get a consultation from expert doctors etc.
- Better Customer Experience- As the Hospital Management System is both patient and medical practitioner-oriented. The whole process of the treatment is less stressful. As time is saved, the doctors are able to give more time to the patients.
- Cost-Effective- Last, but not least, the HMS system is cost-effective as it is not manual work hence the number of people working on HMS is decreased. This lowers the risk of errors caused by humans.
In the end,
With the changing digitalization trends, we need to modify our healthcare facilities as well in order to keep up with the digitalization trends. This fast-paced era and the pandemic have further given us the reason why we need to modify our health facilities so that health isn’t compromised.